ToonTube for Toontastic and TeleStory
ToonTube is an online community for kids to share imaginative stories with friends and family around the world. Our #1 goal is to keep kids safe and teachers and parents at ease.
- A teacher or parent must create a user account before a child can publish content online. Account information (username, name, birthday, email address, etc.) will be provided by the parent or teacher - not the child - and, with the exception of username, is not publicly shared on our site.
- Users are notified each time a child publishes a video to ToonTube. Since videos can contain personal information in the form of photos, audio recordings, video footage, and drawings, we ask the parent or teacher to watch and approve all content before it is shared online. Parents and teachers are responsible for ensuring that kids' videos are safe to publish.
- We regularly review all published content and reserve the right to remove inappropriate cartoons from public view… or any cartoons with cats on keyboards. We also ask our users to keep an eye out for inappropriate material. Here are some reasons cartoons get removed from ToonTube:
- Personal Information – Could a stranger find you IRL with information from your cartoons? If so, we can't keep them on ToonTube, just in case.
- Copyrighted Content – Drawing your own Angry Birds is so much cooler than taking screenshots – and way less illegal. Be a creator, not a copycat :)
- Gross Images – If it’s icky enough to make you say “Gross!”, check with your parents or teacher before uploading to ToonTube - just to be safe.
- Bad Language – There are so many great words to choose from – words like gobbledygook and hullabaloo. Try to find a more creative way to tell your story.
- Too Violent – On a scale from one to Rambo, how violent is your cartoon? Walking the plank is alright, blood and guts… not cool.
- Inappropriate Themes – Would you talk about your cartoon with your teacher? If not… you get the picture :)
StoryShare for Toontastic Jr.
StoryShare for Toontastic Jr. enables kids to create cartoons with friends and family in real-time over the internet – it’s like a telephone with toys!
- StoryShare uses a “double confirmation” system requiring BOTH parties to request and approve a connection (over email). With this, there’s no way for a stranger to contact your children through our software. As for animated monkeys, well, that’s a different story :)
- StoryShare does not save or store cartoons online – only on the two devices used to create the stories. Don’t worry – the secret location of your buried treasure is safe!
In addition to uploading cartoons, our apps check in with our robots (servers) from time to time to provide general analytics about how our apps and site are performing. Data could include (but are not limited to) device identifiers, IP address, time spent in app, number of cartoons created, etc. – all collected passively within our apps. We use this feedback to inform and improve future updates and promise not to collect any more information than is necessary to optimize our apps.
We work with a number of service providers to collect this feedback, host our videos and database, track marketing efforts, report crashes, and identify problems on our site and in our apps. These partners sometimes track generic identifiers to measure installs and detect software bugs. Our partners currently include Google, Flurry, Distimo, IP2Location.com, Taplytics, MixPanel, BugSnag, PaperTrail, New Relic, Amazon Web Services, Digital Divide Data, Heroku, and Crashlytics.
Parents and teachers have the right to review and delete videos and account information. They can also suspend account activity at any time. To do so, or if you have any privacy related questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or snail-mail us at:
Launchpad Toys | 1328 Mission St. | San Francisco, CA 94103 | USA, Earth, Milky Way | 415-484-TOYS